- This project deals with powering a semiconductor, through simple circuit called as LED (Light Emitting Diode). In todays advanced technologies LED has been playing a prominent role in providing great induction of light rather than incandescent lamp. LED are nothing but diodes which can sustain a specific amount of voltage, which should be taken into consideration while preparing your circuit, if not it might result in fusing your LED. The colours of LED are extended to different EMR (Electromagnetic Radiations) e.g. Visible, U.V (Ultraviolet), IR (Infrared).
- COMPONENTS REQUIRED:-
- Breadboard (RSR-03MB102)
- LED(Colour: Red, Wavelength: 633nm)
- 9V Battery( VCC1)
- IC1(Integrated Circuit)[78xxl]
- Resistor(220±5% Ω)[R1]
- Wires[Required as per the connections]
- Fritzing Software
- CIRCUIT DIAGRAM:-
1) First take a Breadboard of the mentioned model. Then put the LED at the place as shown in circuit diagram. LED has two leds coming out of it, the short led is called as Cathode (negative [-]) and long led is called as Anode (positive [+]).
2) Now, Place the 9V battery on the Breadboard as shown in circuit diagram. Now place the IC near LED as shown.
3) Now connect Positive point of battery to INPUT (IN) of IC and Negative point of battery to GROUND (GND) of IC with the wires. Then connect Resistor (R1) between IC and LED and connect OUTPUT pin of the IC to one of Resistor (R1) end.
4) Now, connect other free end of the Resistor (R1) to the Anode pin (+) of the LED.
5) Then at last, connect the cathode pin (-) of LED to the Negative point of battery with wires to make the circuit complete.
6) You can design the circuit on the Fritzing software for better understanding.