Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Assembly is one of the required manufacturing processes for the production of consumer electronics products. In the past, consumer electronics original equipment manufacturers (OEM) assembled PCBs in house. But due to the rapid development of surface mount technology and innovative manufacturing processes and equipment, PCB assembly is now often outsourced to contract electronics manufacturers who specialize in PCB Assembly.
There are decided advantages for utilizing a PCB Assembly Service. They include:
1. Less Capital Investment. To assemble PCBs in-house requires a large capital investment in manufacturing facilities, lines and machinery as well as the hiring and training of qualified personnel. As a result, it can be a long return-on-investment (ROI). Using an outsourced service just makes financial and economic sense.
2. Cost Per Unit Benefits. A consumer electronics OEM can benefit from “economies of scale” by leveraging the capital investments made by a PCB Service in facilities, equipment and personnel to generate reductions in cost per unit, which can make them more competitive in the marketplace.
3. Product Design Improvements. PCB Services sometimes include electronic design services as part of their assembly costs. These design services can verify electronic designs and make suggestions on PCB improvements, which translates into superior products with higher quality at a lower cost to you.
4. The Value of Extensive Experience. Outsourced PCB services possess extensive experience in mass-producing PCBs at the lowest possible price even for tight deadlines. This value cannot be underestimated.
5. Quality Assurance. In today’s competitive marketplace, quality assurance is critical in order to reign in unexpected costs and maintain customer satisfaction. Not all consumer electronics manufacturers have the quality systems and resources as well as the test equipment to guarantee the quality of its PCBs. Conversely, PCB manufacturers utilize a variety of quality systems and procedures to ensure quality assurance. In addition, they have the business relationships to procure top quality electronic components. This is critical because to trust the final product, one must trust the components that are used to produce it.
Customers today use the Internet to research not only the products and services of a consumer electronics company, but also its business reputation. If a consumer electronics company becomes known for producing less than high quality products, this could result in irreversible damage to its business reputation.
This is central to what a PCB Service can do for you: lower your costs and guarantee your product quality to enhance your business reputation. It only makes sense to partner with a contract electronics manufacturer to produce your PCBs.